Monday 10 November 2014

Plank & Squat Challenge



It's that time of the year again where water bottles with lemon are prominent features around the office and new diet plans are heated topics. I would be lying if I said this whole thing hasn't got me a little on the frazzled side. I have been to the most part watching what I am eating and attempting to keep active. The important word in that sentence is "attempting" and I always console myself with the fact that I am not entirely doing nothing about my health. I am not getting the results that I want mainly because I don't stick with workout plan or the eating plan long enough to see results. So I have decided to take on a fitness challenge. This challenge is called the plank and squat challenge. The reasons for me taking on this challenge is very simple really, I want to tone my body and a possible 6 pack will be amazing too.

What is a plank: it's a balance and core conditioning exercise. You balance on both arms and toes. See below picture. 


not my picture


What is a squat: it's a compound exercise. It works out your entire body: hips, buttocks, quadriceps, hamstrings ext see below picture. FYI you do not need to use weights for this challenge but I have been told using them will be a excellent idea.


Not my picture


I have taken things a bit serious as well and I have taken a picture of myself as a before picture and then I will be taking an after picture. I mean business hey lol. I will also be eating as clean as I possibly can and drinking lots of water. In all honesty the eating clean will be a challenge all on its own. 


before: 8 November 2014
let the games begin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...