Saturday 7 June 2014

Girls about town


Doing new things is my new motto in life. Here is how it went down; Khuthii “check the link I posted on your Facebook wall” and from that we ended up at the Mercedes-Benz Bokeh International Fashion Film Festival.



We arrived a bit late but it was worth it. We got to listen to two very interesting yet different speakers. We were laughing one minute, emotional the next and totally inspired threw out. We were listening to people at the top of the game who were sharing experiences and teachings and letting us into who they are and the work that inspires them. 


First we had Adrin Steirn a filmmaker/photographer of the 21 Icons Project. He talked passionately about the art and got us to view 3 videos that touched us.
We also reluctantly at first but were very happy we did, listened to Fred Sweet the producer of La Jolla EFF & The IFFS’S. The guy spoke the truth and the dry jokes killed the room.


 This is how I looked on the day.My outfit consisted of a leather jacket from a store in china town, a knit and shirt from Mr Price, Skinny jeans from Edgars and black boots from Ligit.Nothing too fancy but I was good with it.


My girl Khuthii killed it today. The lady of color. I love how she is not afraid of color and that she kills it with her arm candy.


. People looked good and the actual event was pretty chilled. We did not get to get our faces did at the Mac stand thou but, it’s all good in the fashion hood.

I also got to take some pictures of some well dressed ladies in fashion fabulous. Next time I will go to people and actually ask to take pics of them. Its about time to bet serious. 






It was a day well spent. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...