Wednesday 27 June 2012

The hairy story

So 3rd degree had the whole black women race up in arms last night with the hair topic. Ladies were voicing out different views on twitter about hair. Some thought it was a good topic , some just did not like it. Well I will take you threw what I felt and still feel as a sister with hair things to say.

me and my hair

First things first I have experienced almost every hair issue imaginable to my fellow black sister. I have wanted long hair, I have wanted short hair,wanted an afro, wanted to cut it all off, I have been burned by the the relaxer, sat for days while getting braids, prayed to God that he saves me hairline and patted my weave cause it was itching.Threw it all I have had my love Jones with my hair.

rocking an afro

 Then 3rd degree came along yesterday and I was just not having it really.First it was the fact that that whole story line was jacked from "Good hair" and that angle was told to death. Secondly it was the fact the Debra was telling the black womens story. Telling us about western this western that, relaxer this and relaxer that. I get it she is doing her job and she has to eat but still I was hacked by it all. Irritated to be exact. The black women and her hair is a sensitive story that not everyone can talk about.

my hair and I
So what am I saying. What a women decides to do with her crown is her business. She is the one who has to deal with the receeding hairline, itchy scalp and the rest of the things that come with her hair. Its all about choice and how far she is willing to go and is comfortable with when it comes to her hair.  "I am not my hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within" a line from a song says. Thats what its all about.


1 comment:

  1. the hair issue neh, not a very easy topic to tackle but i say do what you have to do with what you have, you are the one who has to live with it at the end of day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...