Thursday 13 August 2015

Public Holiday




I am for the day, I may have come into this world in a fit of rage and awkward fabulous in the dead of winter in the middle of the night but, I still believe I am of the day. My spirit is free during the day and I am my best when I feel the sun on my face and the world growing and changing around me.


I love the idea of getting lost in ones city and just exploring. As I live in Cape Town I know we tend to take our surroundings for granted. We never climb the mountain because we know it will always be their and we never go to the beach because we know its not drying up anytime soon ( well we hope). We also never just take a walk during the day.


In the spirit of exploring, my good friend Khuthii and I had a 2 women strong insta walk around Bree Street and BoKaap. This was a good opportunity to catch up and get over our obsession for pretty and interesting doors.






Lunch was at Clarks on Bree street. They had me at All Day Breakfast. any place that can give me my favourite meal of the day at any time of the day is a place after my heart. This was my second Clarks experience and its going to be my place forever. Soon they will know me by name.


The is something magical about BoKaap. It feels stuck in time and the colours are mesmerising.  Next time you have time, take a walk around this beautiful part of Cape Town and you can thank me later.





This green wall warmed my heart. I still want to go back to it. I'm not for green but this wall had me.







So, don't wait for the Insta Walks, create your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...