Monday 1 July 2013

IamAbongwe - Brazil diaries


As I write this I have checked into my hotel room in São Paulo Brazil. I will be taking part in the DKA Exchange program. We are being hosted by Missao  Aprender Brazil 2013. When I say we I am referring to 31 young people from Austria (11), South Africa(1-me),Columbia(1), EL Salvador(1), Camaroon(1),India(2),Guatemala(1),Ghana(1) and 12 young people from Brazil.                   Who would have know that I would wake up in South Africa and go to sleep in São Paulo. This is just mind blowing and all sorts of amazing. 
My traveling girl swag. This was when I was in Johannesburg waiting form my connecting flight to here.
A friend of mine suggested that I keep a travel journal. So I got a pocket sketchbook and made it that. Yep I took my South African style bible with me. What was really cool about this issue of ELLE was the fact that they had a cool travel section about packing for a trip and what not. I will be using the scarf I got in the mag on my bag or as a head band. 
This made my heart melt. I literally wanted to cry. I have been dreaming of such a moment for a long time. I am excited for the rest of my stay here. More posts to come.To all those who made this trip possible I say thank you very much. 
IamAbongwe xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...