Thursday 4 December 2014

DIY denim shorts


As the heat starts to go up and shorts are becoming a prominent feature on the streets. It was only fitting I make mys own denim shorts. Well my other reasons for this DIY project is that, I'm a bit of a cheapskate and want to make something that is a tad bit different. 

What you will need: 



- a pair of jeans you are willing to snip.
- scissors 
-cotton a small needle as well as a big one. 
- beads 
- a foot scrubbing thing ( something with a rough surface that will distress the denim).


After I cut my jeans to the desired length, I cut strips in the jeans. These don't have to be the same length as it gives dimensions. I used the foot scrub thing to rubbed the jeans so that they got a bit of a aged  look. 


I then started with the needle on the slits. I removed some of the threads in different directions to get the look I wanted. 


On one side of the jeans I started with the beads. You can use one bead at a time or two, it all depends on you. 


I cut a block of fabric and placed it under the slits. you can start sewing the fabric on the sides. Don't worry if the thread shows a little bit , it just ads to the "rustic and I don't care much" look. You can also opt to not put the fabric in. 

The final look:) 



I just love how it turned out. It's not over the top which is what I was praying for when I was busying cutting and beading. 




This was truly fun to do. It's official I will b adding more DIY projects to the blog from today on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...