Wednesday 22 October 2014

I am not here to be forgotten




The world knows her as Khuthii, an amazing and talented photographer based in Cape Town ,who is carving a name for herself in the industry one amazing shot at a time. It was only fitting that I pester her for an interview. It wasn't one of those serious interviews, it was her expressing who she is and her love for photography in a way only she can, all I did was ask the questions.

I am ..
Summer. I'll explain. Summer to me is happiness. The long days and warm nights. There's a carefree spirit about the summer that I love. Best season to fall in love too. I am that happiness (or I at least strive to be, daily). That life loving spirit. 

                        


I shoot because... 
I love to create. I love showing people how beautiful they are. I love the idea of seeing something in my head and creating a photograph of it. 



My earliest memories of photography are...
a blur. I can't trace back to when I really got into photography. Only when I look back in retrospect I realise that I've loved it since forever... (Maybe I was born with it lol)



My favourite style of photography is...
portraits. Because people are beautiful. I love candid shots, because freezing a real moment is pretty amazing. 



In the sea dominated by male photographers I bring... 
sunshine lol. Refer to the first line. 



In my journey this far as a photographer I am proud of ... 
how far the confidence my friends have in me, in my work has brought me. They believe in me when I don't. This sounds cheesy but it is so true. 



The future is... 
exciting. Scary but exciting. 



Where can people get hold of you? Easiest/Fastest way to get hold of me is through my Twitter (@khuthii) I live there #unashamed

Otherwise I'm also on;

Where can they see your work?
I'm using my Tumblr for now notjustavendagirl.tumblr.com My website is under construction. Exciting times ahead. Remember: khuthimages :)


#ClosingThought:  You can be whatever you want to be. You just need to want it bad enough (and obviously work towards it). The universe & God will conspire to make it happen. Trust. Me. 
“I am not here to be forgotten.” - Khuthii Nedohe, 2012

I am excited about Khuthiis future in the industry. Keep your eye on her and thank me later. This is that moment where it all comes together. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...